Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Got Thirst?

I am 3 days away from my two month mark here in HCMC. A warm climate tends to change many routine behaviors for a westerner like me who is not used to it. For example, I wear lighter clothing and I drink a lot more to stay hydrated. From water to Vietnamese coffee to soda.

Although, all of these drinks may not be the best for you here are a few new drinks I have spotted over here:

*PepsiCo.'s Revive Isotonic is a refreshing drink with a grapefruit and orange flavor.  This drink contains Vitamins B3, B6, and B12 to improve the body's metabolism and provide electrolytes to help re-hydrate athletes. Since there is no Gatorade in Vietnam, Revive makes for a suitable substitute.                                                                       *PepsiCo. International owns 7-Up (Outside of the U.S.) that is why certain products are not available in the states.  
PepsiCo.'s Sting is a carbonated energy drink that comes in two flavors, Gold Rush and Berry Blast. Sting is a very sweet, highly caffeinated drink.                          Commercial: The Power of Sting


Tan Hiep Phat Beverage Group's Zero Degree Lemon Green tea is very popular in Vietnam. It is a very sweet green tea similar to Lipton's Lemon tea.








Red Bull, the best selling energy drink, stemmed from this Asian drink. "Thai Red Bull" or Krating Daeng is a sweetened, more caffeinated version of Red Bull.  


PepsiCo.'s Sting Pro contains vitamins, electrolytes and ginseng extract. It tastes a lot like PepsiCo.'s Lemon/Lime Gatorade.  To me this is Gatorade in Sting Pro packaging.

1 comment:

Lani Schonberg said...

Red Bull with MORE caffeine? Whoa!
Great traveler info! If I took a trip to Vietnam I would copy your hydration list and take it with me. Trying to guess what the packaging is trying to say isn't easy :-)